WHAAM project partnership ("We" or "WHAAM") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
· the WHAAMapp ACCESS mobile application software (the "App") (available on a number of different App marketplaces (the "App Sites"), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device ("Device"); and
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us ("Submitted information"): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the relevant App Site and the Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes:
· information you provide when you download or register an App, subscribe to the Service or Site, and when you report a problem with an App, or the Service, or the Site. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, username, password and other registration information (and if registering for the Service online, your sex, house number and postcode);
· information you collect using the App or store using the Service (“Content information”)
· Information We collect about you and your Device. Each time you visit the Site or use the App We may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, and time zone setting ("Device Information");
· details of your use of the App or your visits to the Site and the resources that you access ("Log Information").
If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
Generally, we do not knowingly collect information from children on this site. We encourage parents to talk to their children and supervise their use of the Internet and the information they disclose to Web sites. In some cases, there are treatments that pertain to children, and while this site is not intended for use by minors, you may have the opportunity to provide personal information about a child. Such information will only be used to provide the requested services, and for no other purposes.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Submitted Information: We will use information which you submit as part of registering to use the App and the Service in order to manage your account and for our own internal administrative.
· Device information: We will use this information to ensure that WHAAMapp Access presents the correct version and data for your Device.
· Content Information: health information submitted through the App only for the purposes of storing that information and to make it available to you or (with your consent) your nominated members of your network as you may request from time to time.
· Log information: this is stored for security and audit purposes and to ensure that We are able to support your use of WHAAMaap Access.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We may disclose your personal information only to members of our group, which means members of the WHAAM project consortium.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We will not disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets without your consent.
· If We, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets, but in any case your preventive consent has to be requested.
· If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
· enforce or apply the EULA and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
· protect the rights, property or safety of WHAAM project team members, or others.
The data that We collect from you will stored at a destination within the European Economic Area (EEA).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All Content Data will be encrypted (using industry standard methods) when being transferred from your Device to our data centre. No Content Data is stored locally within the App on your Device.
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at WHAAMapp Access Data at ITD -CNR, Via Ugo La Malfa, 153, 90146 Palermo (Italy) or to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will never disclose your Content Data to any third party without your express prior consent.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks (including, www.whammproject.eu), advertisers and affiliates (including, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request is not subject to fee.
If you wish to delete any Content Data held by us then you may do so by using the relevant functionality within the App (once this function has been activated) or by sending a request to WHAAMapp Access Data at ITD -CNR, Via Ugo La Malfa, 153, 90146 Palermo (Italy) or to email@example.com. We will use our reasonable efforts to delete the relevant information from our systems (however, please note that it is not (currently) technologically feasible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us).